When training is undertaken on a Trainee's own vehicle, in respect of that vehicle Trainees must:
- Trainees must:
- Be able to ride a bicycle and have no mobility restrictions;
- Be able to understand & communicate with the instructors in English;
- Be appropriately dressed (see paragraph 10 below);
- Be able to read a number plate from 20.5 metres away. You must bring your glasses/contact lenses if normally worn;
- Bring on the day of training either:
- a valid Provisional or Full UK driving licence or,
- a valid EU driving licence that has been registered with DVLA. You must bring both the License and the registration document received from DVLA. Old style Paper licences will require some form of photo ID;
- an up-to-date printout of your electronic driving record or
- provide the last 8 digits of your driving license number and the one time access code that will enable us to view it;
- a valid CBT certificate (for students taking part in DAS training)
Trainees will not be able to participate in the course should they fail to bring the documents listed above and their fee will be forfeited. Original documents ONLY. No photocopies or pictures will be accepted
- Ensure you have read and understand the current edition of the Highway Code;
- Settle all course fees in full prior to training;
- Provide original proof of insurance;
- Provide a current original M.O.T. certificate where the machine is more than three years old;
- Provide valid 'road tax';
- Ensure L-plates are fitted on both front & rear of the motorcycle;
- Ensure the machine is roadworthy and in good working order;
Trainees will not be able to participate in the course should they fail to bring the documents listed above and their fee will be forfeited.
CBT courses usually start at 8:00h(check your booking email for the exact time) and last for 6.5h, provided all five elements have been satisfactorily completed (please see paragraph 11).
All day DAS courses start at the time specified in the booking confirmation email.
Trainees must arrive at or before the training start time. Lateness will count as a cancellation and will result in payment being forfeited.
A minimum of 10 working days' notice is required to cancel/postpone any course, without which the fee will be forfeited. In the event of a late cancellation we will try to sell your booked spot and refund you if we can(10% cancellation fee still applies). However if we do not, the original terms will apply. The reason for late cancellation is irrelevant including Covid and any types of isolation relating to it. Unfortunately our costs still remain despite these issues.
All cancellations and date change requests notified in time will be subject to a 10% administration fee.
LMT reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course due to adverse weather conditions, mechanical breakdown, illness or any other unforeseen circumstances outside of our control. In that case of cancelation, you will be offered another spot or your fees will be refunded in full.
The Hackney Road Safety course is available to customers who use or travel through the Hackney's road network. By booking the Hackney Road Safety course, customers automatically confirm that this condition is met.
Our customer's safety is of a paramount importance for us and therefore we reserve the right to cancel any course if Trainees are deemed inappropriately dressed for the course. In this event, the Trainee will forfeit their fee. Appropriate clothing: Substantial trousers (no shorts/jogging pants/jeans with holes; Long sleeve substantial jacket (no hooded jogging tops); Substantial boots or shoes with socks (no slip on/slip off footwear).
CBT trainees who Do Not reach the required standard during the Off Road training will not be able to complete the On road element and their CBT course will end there and they will have to rebook. Rebooked CBT’s will be charged at the usual rate.
At the time of booking, all Trainees automatically enter a vehicle hire agreement with London Motorcycle Training which enables them to use the company's vehicles on the road for the duration of their training. Trainees will be liable and responsible for any traffic offences committed and penalties incurred whilst riding the company's vehicles.
Trainees should note that they will be liable for any damage to a rider training vehicle up to a maximum of £250 in the case of mopeds/motorcycles of 125 cc or below and up to a maximum of £500 in all other cases. An option to purchase a liability waiver is available.
LMT cannot guarantee that your preferred choice of bike will be available on the day of your training.